Mai Kim Ngoc
He was born in Hue, came to the US in 1966, and now lives in California. A physician specializing in pulmonary diseases, he had published numerous articles in English in medical journals under his real name, Vu Dinh Minh. He co-edits the influential journal Văn Học, and has translated Lu Xun and Kawabata from French and English versions, André Gide from the French originals, Pablo Neruda from the Spanish originals, Raymond Carver, Octavia Butler, J.M. Coetzee and Harold Pinter from the English originals. His story "Trong phòng hồi sinh", translated into English by Nguyễn Quí Đức as "In the Recovery Room", is included in Night, Again.
Linh Dinh started this entry.
Short Story Collections
- Một chút riêng tư
- Thuyền nhân
- Bạn văn
- Muôn kiếp cô liêu
- Nụ tầm xuân
- Trong phòng hồi sinh
- Nước mắt chảy xuôi
Mai Kim Ngọc online
- An introduction to Võ Phiến's Thác Đổ Sau Nhà
- A translation of Yasunari Kawabata's novel Beauty and Sadness
- A translation of Pablo Neruda's "Puedo escribir los versos más tristes"
- A translation of Harold Pinter's "The Lover"
- A translation of Andre Gide's La Symphonie Pastorale
- Harold Pinter, giải văn học Nobel 2005, và kịch bản The Lover, an essay
- Toni Morrison: Giải Nobel Văn Học 1993, an essay
- Marquez' Memoria de mis putas tristes, translated into Vietnamese as Mấy cô điếm buồn
- An essay on Khu Rừng Lau by Doãn Quốc Sỹ
- "Một Vài Nhận Xét về Dịch Thuật"