He was born in Quảng Ngãi and lives in Hanoi, where he works as a journalist. In 2004, he participated in the 35th Poetry International Festival of Rotterdam, where his poems were translated into Dutch. He has been translated into English by Nguyễn Đỗ and Paul Hoover, and also by Linh Dinh.
Linh Dinh started this entry.
Thanh Thảo online
- Four poems on Drunken Boat, translated into English by Linh Dinh
- Two poems on Octopus, translated into English by Linh Dinh
- "A Soldier Speaks of His Generation", translated into English by Nguyễn Đỗ and Paul Hoover, from New American Writing; also published on Cipher Journal, with additional poems by Nguyễn Đỗ, Nhất Lê and Hoàng Hưng
- "Về '100 bài thơ hay nhất thế kỷ 20 của Việt Nam': Nhập nhằng giữa danh và thực"
- An interview by Nguyễn Đức Tùng
- An interview on Người Viễn Xứ
- "Trò chuyện với nhà thơ Thanh Thảo về Nhật kí Đặng Thùy Trâm"
- "Lão nhà văn Trang Thế Hy - Đêm nghe dừa rụng ngày nhìn chuột rơi"