Le Minh Khue
She was born in Thanh Hoá to a family much affected by the land reform movement of the early 1950s. She joined the People's Army of Viet Nam at age 15 and, from 1969 to 1975, served as a sapper and then war reporter. A short story writer and novelist, she won the Writers' Association national award for best short stories in 1987. A story, "Ký sự những mảnh đời trong ngõ" ["Scenes from an Alley"], translated by Bắc Hoài Trân and Dana Sachs, is included in the anthology Night, Again. She also has a full-length collection in English, The Stars, the Earth, the River: short fiction by Le Minh Khue (Willimantic, CT: Curbstone Press, 1997), also translated by Bắc Hoài Trân and Dana Sachs.
With Wayne Karlin and Trương Vũ, she edited The Other Side of Heaven: Post-War Fiction by Vietnamese & American Writers (Curbstone, 1995).
Linh Dinh started this entry.
- Cao điểm mùa hạ, short stories (1978)
- Những ngôi sao xa xôi, short stories
- Một chiều xa thành phố [An Afternoon Away From The City], short stories (1987)
- Em đã không quên, novel (1990)
- Bi kịch nhỏ [Little Tragedies], short stories (1993)
- Truyện ngắn Lê Minh Khuê, collected short stories (1994)
- Trong làn gió heo may, short stories (2001)
- Những dòng sông - buổi chiều - cơn mưa, short stories
- Màu xanh man trá, short stories (2003)
- Một mình qua đường, short stories (2005)