Linh Dinh online
See separate Linh Dinh page for biography, list of books, and critical bibliography.
- State of the Union since May, 2009
- Linh Dinh's page at "The Flux I Share," with a series of videos and manipulated photographs. December, 2008 through April, 2009
Poetry and Prose in English
- Linh Dinh page at YouTube, with videos of poems in English and Italian, since 2007
- Pennsound, with about seventy-five individual poems recorded from 1998 through 2009
- Reading, in Berkeley, California, 2007
- Miporadio, with more than ten poems, 2005-7
- Carrboro Poetry Festival, North Carolina, 2006
- Two poems, "My Local Burning" and "Investment Advices", at Mipoesias, 2006
- Two poems, at Green Integer, "Affixions" and "Nature Freaks", 2006
- "Eating Fried Chicken" at Milwaukee's Woodland Pattern Book Center, 2005
- Linh Dinh pages at Fieralingue, with poems in English and Italian, circa 2004
- Three prose poems from Tool, circa 2003
- Two poems from Jacket, "A Hardworking Peasant From The Idyllic Countryside" and "A Peripatetic Purveyor of Nothing", March, 2002
- "Our Newlyweds" at Jacket, April, 2001
- Seven poems from xconnect: "The Dead", "A Childhood in Vermont", "The Most Beautiful Word", "Inventory", "Motate", "Diorama" and "Rich Poor Almanac", no date
- "Eight Postcards from Vietnam" at The Literary Review, no date
- Two poems, "My Local Burning" and "Investment Advices", at Great Works, no date
Poetry and Prose in Vietnamese
Poetry and prose composed in Vietnamese
- Linh Dinh page at Tiền Vệ, with links to many poems and prose pieces in English as well as Vietnamese
- "Hậu Việt ngữ", a selection of poems, at talawas, September, 2006
- Lĩnh Đinh Chích Khoái, his first poetry collection in Vietnamese, at talawas, December, 2004
- "Đọc thơ ở Philadelphia," poem accompanying photos, at talawas, December, 2004
- "Những Từ Chính", a flash fiction
- Three poems at Tạp Chí Thơ, "Bắt Chước Lê Đạt", "Tự Thú" and "Biện Chứng", no longer on Web
Poetry and prose translated into Vietnamese
- "555", translated by Phan Nhiên Hạo, at talawas, September, 2008
- "Stewart Crenshaw", translated by Phan Nhiên Hạo, at da mau, January, 2007
- "!", translated by Phan Nhiên Hạo, at talawas, May, 2004
- Five poems translated by Linh Dinh, with English originals, at talawas, October, 2002
- "Two Kings", translated by Nguyễn Diễm Hương, at tienve, n.d.
Articles, Reviews, Interviews, Blogs & Memoir in English
- "On Translation," on TinFish Net, August 2007
- Wikivietlit. Linh Dinh is lead author on most Wikivietlit articles about writers, composing about 200 for launch in early 2005
- "Writing and Publishing in Vietnam", from the Literary Review, 2000
Reviews in English
- A review of the film Apocalypse Now, Redux, in the Guardian, November, 2001
- "This Side of Hell", Linh Dinh reviews The Other Side of Heaven, in Philadelphia Citypaper, October, 1995
Interviews in English
- A conversation with poet Barry Schwabsky, on the differences between contemporary American and English poetries, at the international exchange for poetic invention February, 2007
- A conversation with Marianne Villanueva, on contemporary Filipino poetry, at the international exchange for poetic invention, February, 2007
Blogs in English
- Posts, including translations from seven Italian poets, at the Poetry Foundation's Harriet Blog, January, 2009
- Posts, about Vietnamese poetry, at the international exchange for poetic invention, September, 2007
- "SPEECHLESS", on mass murderer Cho Seung-hui, also available in Vietnamese in a translation by Đinh Từ Bích Thúy, at the international exchange for poetic invention, April, 2007
- "Original Ladies Man", on the appearance of English words in the Vietnamese language, at the international exchange for poetic invention, February, 2007
- "Wanna Beef?", on the rappers Chuckie Akenz, Ice-T and the Tejano Corrido, with a corrido translated from Spanish, at the international exchange for poetic invention, December, 2006
Memoir in English
- April 30th of Ly Ky Kiet, August, 2006
Reviews, Interviews, Blogs & Memoir in Vietnamese
Reviews in Vietnamese
- "Em nứng oá", a commentary on John Balaban's presentation of Hồ Xuân Hương, translated into Vietnamese by Do Le Anhdao, with additional comments by Đinh Từ Bích Thúy, at Van Hoc, March 23, 2007
Interviews in Vietnamese
- Interviewing Nguyễn Quốc Chánh, at talawas, August 11, 2002
- Interviewing Phan Nhiên Hạo, at Viet
- Interviewing Bùi Hoằng Vị, at Viet
Blogs in Vietnamese
- "Đèo đeo biên giới", at talawas, 2006
- "Loay hoay giữa sa mạc", at talawas, 2006
- "Lời cuối", at talawas, January 13, 2006
- "Xuất Cầm", at talawas, January 5, 2006
- "Đi và đếm", at talawas, December 29, 2005
- "Chết vì xăng", at talawas, September 13, 2005
- "Trăm năm trong cõi đồi trụy", at talawas, April 2, 2005
- "Chống Mỹ cứu Mỹ", at talawas, January 10, 2005
- "Thơ Tự Do vs. Tân Hình Thức", at talawas, November 27, 2002
Memoir in Vietnamese
- "30 tháng 4 của Lý Ký Kiệt", at tienve, August, 2006
Translations into English
from Vietnamese unless noted
Collections of contemporary Vietnamese writing
- Linh Đinh's posts about Vietnamese poetry on the International Exchange for Poetic Invention
- The Literary Review, Viet Nam issue featuring works by Phan Nhiên Hạo, Nguyễn Quốc Chánh, Khế Iêm, Đỗ Kh., Nguyễn Huy Thiệp, Trần Ngọc Tuấn and Đức Ban
- Eight Vietnamese poets on Sao Paolo-based Sibila, with translations of Lý Đợi, Lynh Bacardi, Miên Đáng, Nguyễn Quốc Chánh, Nguyễn Thị Hoàng Bắc, Phan Bá Thọ, Phan Nhiên Hạo and Trần Vàng Sao.
- "Three Vietnamese Poets", a PDF file, featuring poems by Nguyễn Quốc Chánh, Phan Nhiên Hạo and Văn Cầm Hải
Anthologies of Vietnamese sayings
- Seven folk poems, Ca dao, at xconnect
- A selection of Vietnamese proverbs, aphorisms and figures of speech at xconnect
- 17 traditional Vietnamese riddles at Fascicle
Individual poems listed by poet
- Nguyễn Thị Hoàng Bắc, Two poems
- Nguyễn Quốc Chánh, A selection of poems
- Bùi Chát, Three poems
- Miên Đáng, "Can't Speak Yet"
- Miên Đáng, Three poems
- Phan Nhiên Hạo, Three poems
- Hồ Xuân Hương, Eight poems, with comments on John Balaban
- Khế Iêm, "Classified", "One-Second Play", "Rusty" and "Message"
- Pablo Neruda, "Oda al Gato", from Spanish
- Pablo Neruda, "Oda al Mar", from Spanish
- Cesare Pavese, Nine poems, translated from Italian
- Trịnh Công Sơn, Two songs
- Thanh Thảo, Four poems
- Thanh Thảo, Two poems
- Hoàng Dạ Thi Ten poems
- Nguyễn Huy Thiệp, "The Retired General", a short story
- Phan Huyền Thư, Three poems
- Nguyễn Đăng Thường, Two poems
- Trần Dạ Từ, Six poems
- Trần Dạ Từ, "Tặng vật tỏ tình"
- Trần Dạ Từ, Two war poems
- Roberto Castillo Udiarte, "Vita Canis", from Spanish
Translations into Italian
Anthology of Vietnamese sayings
- 15 traditional Vietnamese riddles at Fieralingue
Linh Dinh translates himself into Italian
Translations into Vietnamese
from English unless noted
- John Ashbery, "The Burden of the Park"
- Bei Dao, "Answer"
- "Corrido", Four Mexican ballads, translated from Spanish
- Charles Bukowski, "Decline" and "The Suicide Kid"
- Charles Bukowski, "Young in New Orleans", "My First Affair with That Older Woman" and "Lifting Weights at 2 a.m."
- Robert Creeley, Six poems
- Emily Dickinson, Seven poems
- Yvan Goll, "The Sacred Body"
- Gabriel Gudding, "My Buttocks"
- Gabriel Gudding, "The Atheist Gnat" and "Changeable Head"
- Nazim Hikmet, "On Living"
- Miroslav Holub, Eight poems
- Attila József, Two poems
- Daniil Kharms, Two poems
- Etheridge Knight, "Feeling Fucked Up"
- Sawako Nakayasu, Three prose poems
- Pablo Neruda, "Oda al Gato", translated from Spanish
- Pablo Neruda, "Oda al Mar", translated from Spanish
- Pablo Neruda, "Walking Around"
- Hoa Nguyen, Seven poems
- Ron Padgett, "The Blue Bird"
- Ron Padgett, Three poems
- Michael Palmer, "Sun"
- Nicanor Parra, Three poems
- Cesare Pavese, Seven poems, translated from Italian
- Anne Sexton, Three poems
- Wallace Stevens, Eight poems
- Cemal Sureya, Eight poems
- Natalia Toledo, Five poems
- Orhan Veli, Six poems
- William Carlos Williams, Five poems